Evol
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan Abilities

3 posters

Go down

Clan Abilities Empty Clan Abilities

Post by Taeivas Thu May 02, 2013 6:41 pm

Alright, here we go.

I am starting to work on the clan abilities, which make every clan unique from the rest, while sure some clan can have similar abilities etc I still want them to be rather different, this is where you guys come in. While I have a lot of ideas for clan abilities on my own, why not tap into the minds of the fans.

So here is the deal, now is the time to suggest what kind of abilities clans should be able to acquire. To help your suggestions let me elaborate on the system I am going to implement.

First of all, every clan ability will have multiple tiers of power, first one being the most basic of them and the following abilities will improve or give more uses to the first one. In general I want to add three tiers of power for each type of ability.

The secondly what will need to know would be that each and every ability would be linked to some kind of organ, even a specialized organ is okay, which means a made up organ. Of course there would be the exception of the heart, it can still be linked to some ability if there is a good enough reason. The heart is associated with the affinities the character has and thus I don't really want to stack other details into it. As you might have guessed, this will involve ability transplantation.

Last, but not least each clan will only be able to acquire one set of clan abilities by natural means, this however does not mean that they can't acquire more through some other methods. What I am getting at is that certain abilities will create a whole new power when merged. I don't want to reveal too much about this, but give your best shot.

Suggested format:
Code:
[b]Ability Name:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b]

[b]Tier 1 Ability:[/b]
[b]Tier 2 Ability:[/b]
[b]Tier 3 Ability:[/b]

Looking forward to the input!
Taeivas
Taeivas
Owner

https://evol.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Clan Abilities Empty Re: Clan Abilities

Post by Polkjm Fri May 03, 2013 2:08 am

Ability Name: Vigor Devour
Description:
This allows for the user to /litterally eat/ a vigor release with an inferior value to their current unmolded vigor. Using a special technique, you absorb the release through your mouth where you concentrate to have it be transformed into assimilable nutrients, themselves absorbed by your system very quickly in the form of pure energy. If the absorbed element is not one of your affinities, you take damage. It basically enables you to eat vigor you released or that was released by someone else and re-add it to your vigor pool, damaging you instead if you eat an element you do not posess.

Tier 1 Ability:
70% of the vigor is absorbed
deals 80% damage if not an affinity element

Tier 2 Ability:
80% of the vigor absorbed
deals 70% damage if not an affinity element
but still absorbs 20% of the vigor

Tier 3 Ability:
90% of the vigor absorbed
10% of the vigor absorbed as vitality
deals 60% damage if not an affinity element
but still absorbs 50% as vigor
Polkjm
Polkjm

Back to top Go down

Post by Polkjm Fri May 03, 2013 2:26 am

Ability Name: Kundalini
Description:
It allows for a man to concentrate for a while and meditate. If he is uninterrupted for a time, he regains all of his vigor and a small boost depending on the element that was meditated about.
Earth gives more vitality and/or physical damage
Water gives more maximum vitality or vigor
Lightning makes one faster and/or elusive
Fire makes one stronger
Wind increases one's control and capacity

Tier 1 Ability:
Takes 10 seconds
Earth: 20 vit and 1 physique
Water: 10 vit, 20 vigor
Lightning: small speed boost
Fire: +10% damage to all attacks
Wind: +1 capacity and +1 control
lasts 10 seconds

Tier 2 Ability:
Takes 8 seconds
also heals 30% of maximum vitality
Earth: 30 vit and 2 physique
Water: 15 vit and 30 vigor
Lightning: medium speed boost. +1 capacity
Fire: +15% damage to all attacks
Wind: +2 capacity and +2 control
lasts 15 seconds

Tier 3 Ability:
Takes 6 seconds
also heals 50% of maximum vitality
Earth: 40 vit and 3 physique
Water: 15 vit and 30 vigor
Lightning: great speed boost. +2 capacity
Fire: +20% damage to all attacks
Wind: +3 capacity and +3 control
lasts 20 seconds
Polkjm
Polkjm

Back to top Go down

Post by Maydrian Fri May 03, 2013 4:26 am

This is for a clan specialized in animals. The organ of use is their brain.

Ability Name: Dominate
Description: This clan ability can focus large amounts of vigor to control animals. The affinity you have would affect your success rate with every creature. So if you try Dominating a flaming rat, having the fire affinity would make it easier to Dominate. If the animal you have domesticated is killed, a lot of strain is put on the brain and the clan ability will be disabled for a time. Dominated animals can do anything a tamed animal can do except breed. Dominated animals start with the Attack and Follow commands.

Tier 1 Ability: 10% Chance of Dominating the beast if in your affinity, 5% chance if it isn't. 12 minute CD, Beast under control for 1 day.Can have 1 animal at a time. If animal is killed, skill is disabled for 2 hours.

Tier 2 Ability: 15% Chance of Dominating the beast if in your affinity, 7% chance if it isn't. 10 minute CD, Beast under control for 2 days. Can have 1 animal at a time. If animal is killed, skill is disabled for 1½ hours.

Tier 3 Ability: 20% Chance of Dominating the beast if in your affinity, 10% chance if it isn't. 8 minute CD, Beast under control for 3 days. Can have 2 animals at a time. If animal is killed, skill is disabled for 1 hour.

Ability Name: Fury
Description: Using a moderate amount of vigor, this clan ability empowers a dominated or tamed animal. Increasing your animals stats.

Tier 1 Ability: Increases said animals stats to +1 vitality +2 Physique. Lasts for 1 minute with a 3 minute CD

Tier 2 Ability: Increases said animals stats to +2 vitality +4 Physique. Lasts for 2 minute with a 2½ minute CD

Tier 3 Ability: Increases said animals stats to +3 vitality +6 Physique. Lasts for 2½ minute with a 2 minute CD

Ability Name: Enlighten
Description: This ability uses a large amount of vigor to communicate with an animal. This is not only to give it commands but to make it smarter than others. Ex. you can teach a mole to mine rocks for you.

Tier 1 Ability: 85% chance of teaching a dominated or tamed animal how to Guard. Guarding is useful for defending a spot from enemies. If an enemy gets too close it will attack, if the enemy leaves the map, it will go back into position.

Tier 2 Ability: 75% chance of teaching a dominated or tamed animal how to Forage. Foraging makes an animal go look for items, once an item is found it will return.

Tier 3 Ability: 25% chance of teaching a dominated or tamed animal how to Mine, Water, Dig, Plant, Harvest, Cut Trees ect. Depends on the animal used on. Ex. A mole can only mine and dig while a sprite can plant and water.

Maydrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down